Friday, August 26, 2005

Trudging along, singing a song

Not a whole lot to report, kind of a slow week.

I've been playing some, but had a couple of bad days and gave back a couple of buy-ins.

My latest lesson is that aggression is good, but should be used wisely. The last couple of days, I've went in trying to steamroll the tables I've been at. When you're playing cheap, it just doesn't work that much. Add in the fact that my cards sucked and "voila".....bye, bye buy-in.

I must admit, I was getting pretty silly. I was making 3X BB bets from MP with suited one gappers.....and not just every once in a while. I had one hand that kind of pissed me off where I came in with junk suited and hit two pair. Problem was, the board was suited and, well, you probably know the rest.....I lost.

I'm going to reel it back in a bit and probably focus on tournaments this weekend. It's probably not the best decision from a BR standpoint (unless I pull off a final), but I feel that while I'm improving as a cash game player, my strength is still tournament play. In fact, Syndrome (one of the better CP players) has asked for my input on an MTT article he's putting out. Don't know how much of it he will use, but I'm focusing on maintaining a stack in the mid levels and bubble play. I feel honored to even be asked. Just hope I can put some useful info out there...as long as it's not used against me.

Poker-wise, things are still pretty good. I've taken $20 and rolled it up to over $300 playing $10 SnGs and .10/.25 NL......not bad. I definitely like being the aggressor, but I've still got to learn when to tone it down.

From a personal standpoint, I'm kind of bummed as my house refinance has turned into a total SNAFU and has put me in a tight spot financially. It will get worked out, but this is going to be a tight month, hence, I'm not going to be too adventurous online (i.e. dabbling in higher levels).

Parentwise, this is a cool part of the year for me as my son is starting marching season. Geeky as it sounds, I love me some marching band and our school is defending state champs. We're moving up in class, but they've got a cool show this year and it should be fun. From a poker standpoint, it kind of kills my live weekend play for a couple fo months.....but there are times when life is more important than poker.

Yeah. I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home