Sunday, August 07, 2005

Poker CAN be fun.

Posts on back to back days, wow.

I wish I had some money to REALLY put this to the test, but I think I can say things are definitely on the upswing.

About a week and a half ago, I put $25 bucks in my UB account for the bi-weekly CP forum tourney on Wed. night. Played decent, just never got any cards to get started. Anyway, I've been playing off and on on with that $20 since then.

10 days later I now have run that up to $120, not bad. Really not bad if you consider I did almost all of it at .05/.10 and .10/.25 NL tables. I did manage to throw in a $10 SnG win in there, too, so that helped.

I know the cards were running bad, but I've realized that I lost a lot of money in situations where I would hang on to a hand too long. I learned that it's OK to sit there for a while and bleed blinds rather than throw money out there trying to run that crowd off....too cheap, won't work.

Playing cheap NL almost exclusively right now. Played in 2 $10 SnGs (won one) and the $10 midnight tourney at UB...where I made one of my quickest exits ever. I raised 4 hands the entire time, the same guy reraised me each time. The last time I had JJ, he came over top, I moved all-in, he called with QQ....thanks for playing. No big deal.

Cards are going better, looking forward to moving on. As for everything else, well, that's a different story. Fatboy here is looking into gastric bypass and it looks like my insurance is going to put up a fight. Remember where insurance actually did something for you other than just take your money? The boss is out of town this week....so that will be like a vacation. He is beginning to wear on my last nerve. Micromanager to the nth power. Luckily, I'm the computer geek and he needs me, so he leaves me alone.

Now, if I can survive this refinance fiasco, maybe things will start looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home