Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wow....what a weekend

I like playing good poker.

I like playing good poker and making money even better.

I really like doubling my BR in a 3 day span.

Thanks to a little tightening up and some tips from the CP crew, I'm learning how to win without any cards. Played in the $30, $9500 guaranteed on UB last night and made a strong run at the final table, finishing 13th out 370. The amazing thing is that during the entire tournament, I only had 6 pocket pairs and nothing higher than JJ. Went out with AJ vs AQ when the A hit the flop. I beat myself up a bit, but I had position and realize it probably was the right play given my stack and how the other guy had been playing.

Today, played very little, but did win a SnG which now makes a 1400% increase in my BR over the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not going to rush jumping limits as I now understand why playing at the proper limit is verrry important. You can't let one or two bad sessions put you in a tailspin and can't be afraid to lose a buy-in at any time. When you're scared...you lose your edge.

I'm looking forward to my next chance to play a tournament as I feel pretty good about how I'm playing. The only problem is that with my work and family schedule, I can't play more than one or two a week. The cash games and SnGs are a lot easier to squeeze in. For a tournament, you have to be ready to commit somewhere between 3-5 hours and that's hard for me to do on a regular basis.

As for now, I'll just keep grinding away. If things continue, I may be moving up in the near future. I now realize what a big decision that will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home