Monday, August 08, 2005

I guess you can't win every day...

First real bad day I've had in a while. Lost around 1/4 of my online BR on a day where I made one bad call, ran into 2 monsters, and had a fish pull two of the bigger suckouts I can remember.

What I lost because of me:
Had AK suited 2 off of the button, 4 limpers into me, I make it $2 total (.10/.25 NL), guy to my left calls, button moves all in for $15. Now, to me, this is screaming somthing along the lines of 10 10, JJ, or QQ...all coinflip situations. It's early and I feel like gambling (baaaad T2P), so I call. Hit my K on the flop and feel pretty good as rags come on the turn and river. I quit feeling good when he shows AA. Don't really understand why he moved in PF, guess he didn't want to have to think about playing a big pair. I guess overbetting PF was a good move, got me in there.

Note to self: at a full table when somebody comes in over top all in and all you have is AK (2 high cards) lay them down and move on.

The rest of the day I just tried to play solid and just had a rough time of it. Lost $6 when I had KJ suited on the button and made it .75 PF, 3 callers. Flop K 5 7, check, check, I bet the pot and get a caller. A on the turn and I bet $3 to see where I stand, reraise, I fold...he shows pocket 7's.

The other component of the day is the hardest one to swallow. I flopped a set (10's) and couldn't shake a fish off of his flush draw. There was $8 in the pot at the turn with 3 clubs on the board, I bet out $10 to try and take it down, he calls and the 4th club hits the river. He called me down with AJ (J of clubs). What a fish.

Overall, I'm not complaining. I was selective and played my hands strong. If I had a piece of it, I took a solid bet at it...well, unless I had a 2 and there was an A on board in early position.

Had a real good table at night, but never had anything to move with...caught a couple of hands late, but we were 6 handed by then and nobody wanted to play.

There's always tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home