Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hey moron, don't try and give all back in one night...

Well, that's a slight exaggeration, but I did take a nice hit.

I played some magnificent poker tonight....problem was my table wasn't smart enough to notice it.

Note to self: if you see people calling each other down with Q2, you need to watch how hard you push.

I sat down at a table that should have been a goldmine and ended up dumping about 1/4 of my BR.

A loose table full of calling stations. Great situation. Unless you're drawing rags and have somebody on a crazy rush. Your favorite moron here wasn't getting much, so I was trying to be creative. I played a couple of mid suited connectors hard and paid dearly both times.

My favorite hand went like this.....

I've got 8d 9d in MP, UTG limps, and I make it 3 1/2X BB. Button calls and UTG calls. Flop goes Jd Qc 2d. Flush draw, pretty much why you play these hands, right? UTG checks and I bet out the pot. Button folds and UTG calls. Now, this has me worried. You usually only see check-calls vs. made hands or draws. If he's got a hand, I'm behind and if he's on a draw....well....I'm sure he's got something higher than a 9 of diamonds.

Anyway....the turn brings a 4h and UTG checks again. Here's a moment that really kicks my butt. With the check call, he could be in the lead or the same draw, but with better cards. So, rather than feed the pot, I check behind him.

The river brings a 10s and me the dumb end of a gurshot straight. I should be good to go. UTG bets out the pot. Now, this confuses me as I go back a play the hand in my mind and figure he had something like J 10 and the 10 gave him 2 pair, so I come over top and double the bet. He calls.

He had a straight, too. K9.

I love when the river brings me a hand and all it really accomplishes is putting me in a position to lose lots of cash.

The infuriating thing is the flop and how he check-called with nothing but an over. Then again, I was at a loose, low limit table, so I should have been ready for anything.

Had another hand like that that was fairly pricey. Then again, when you're looking at J 3 os for most of the night, you just take your lumps and go on. I'll just have to spend the rest of the week making it back.

I will note that the same moron was up to $140 at a .10/.25 table. So, it's safe to say that somebody, somewhere liked him.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger billdowis said...

That does suck when you play so well and the maniacs aren't even paying attention.

That is when I get up and move....well I get up sometimes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home