Sunday, August 28, 2005

I really don't know what to say.

I had been spinning my wheels just trudging along, not really making any big gains or losses. Then the weekend hit.

Horrible.

Through a combination of bad play, bad cards, and bad judgement, I've managed to give back 1/4 of my BR in two days. Actually, most of this occured today and in the space of 6 hours.

I really don't know what happened, well, I do, but don't know what triggered it. As you know, when you play for a solid stretch and just continue to look at rag after rag, it can wear on you. At the same time, that's the beauty of cash games...there's no pressure other than the 1 1/2 blinds you're losing every 8 to 10 hands. If you catch a run of 30 to 40 horrible hands, just pitch them and go on. Well, I guess I got impatient and started pushing. That, coupled with overvaluing my hands....well, it got pricey.

The backbreaker of the day was a hand where I was on the button with 8 9 suited, there were 3 limpers in front and I made it 3X BB...just to take a shot. Flop was 8 9 A with two diamond. MP bet the pot, call, and the next guy reraised all in. Well, I thought this was a blatant flush draw move and got all happy with my two pair.

Bad idea.

Called the all in (which put me all in) and saw the worst thing possible....the guy had a set of nines.

*Sigh*

I look back and just remember pondering the call. The pot was just so big at that point and I really liked my 2 pair. A rather expensive lesson on overvaluing a hand.

I think I'm going to take a couple of days off and de-pokerize myself. I also played in 4 different MTTs this weekend and had a pretty rough time there, too. 1st MTT, lose with set vs. flush. 2nd, no cards, did what I could and got deep into 2nd hour. Played horrible in the 3rd MTT and didn't even make it to break. Finally, the MTT late last night, I played really well, but lost two huge pots on 3 outers both times...probably the best I played all weekend.

I've played a ton this weekend and have 3/4 of my bankroll to show for it.

I'm still way up for the month, but I just feel horrible right now.

I'm taking a few days off.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big deal its only a bump on the road it happens time to time. Ive noticed you become more aggressive and loose in your game which os probably the reason why your long losing streak is over. Keep playing strong and dont play scared poker Donnie and youll do great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home