Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bye bye August....I'll miss you

Well, I'll fondly remember August as the month I came out of the worst stretch I can remember. I started the month with $20 in my UB account. I'm ending the month closing in on $400. I did almost all of it practically broke and playing .10/.25 NL and $10 SnGs. I will admit that I did make a pretty big change in how I played and I think that had a lot to do with my success, but the cards did seem to agree with me a bit more, as well.

I've really started to mix it up better and have definitely started to understand "good" aggression. I don't think I could ever go into maniac mode, but I have no problem making a strong raise with 7 9. Not all that long ago, I was a rock. Big aces and pocket pairs only. I might have played suited paint in late positions, but, for the most part I was dead tight.

I had a bad run over the weekend (as you can see from a couple of posts ago), but a first and second in a couple of $20 SnGs and I'm right back where I was. I really like the way $20's play out, so I might just stay there. I've dabbled at the .25./50 NL tables, but they are tight and hard to get any action. I will probably stay at the cheap NL cash games for a bit longer as they are sooooo easy. I've also started to play cheap pot limit Omaha....that could turn out to be a goldmine.

Overall, I have to think that this month I've grown more as a poker player as any other time I can think of. I'm starting to see things a bit differently and making some laydowns that I used to either press or chase with.

I'll be really excited if September can be as good as this month. I might start to have a real bankroll.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home