Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting drilled in LL NL

It's kind of embarrassing, but I am getting owned at cheap NL ring games lately. I keep saying I'm going to stay away, but sometimes I just hop in. I'm not playing bad or anything, but I just get in these ridiculous spots with overpairs and have lost 4 buy-ins over the last week with them.

Case in point, this evening at Stars ($25NL, 6 max)

I've got QQ OTB, LAG donk (40/15/6) makes it .75 from UTG, MP calls, I make it $2.25

Now, I could have made it more, but I don't mind seeing a flop 3 ways vs. mid/big aces and all the other crap that might call. On a scary board, I can still pitch it.

Anyway, both call. Flop is 2c 8c Jh

Check to me, I lead out for $4.25 (2/3 pot), UTG jams for another $30. Gee, wonder if he has a flush draw? I call. Ks on turn, fucking 6c on river. He flips KcJc.

Easy (and correct) call here, but I just keep running into big draws that keep getting there. Add that to my wonderful ability to push into monsters/dominated hand in tourneys and SnGs and you have a wonderful little run going.

So annoying. I run like shit. Make an FT to get back to even for the last 3 months and then run shitty some more. Poker is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home