Sunday, July 22, 2007

Burnout?

I've been really sluggish when it comes to poker lately.

I'm trying to play live, when I can, and have been doing OK. I checked my records for the last 4 months, I'm 16 for 18 in live sessions (.50/1.00 and 1/2 NL) and up around $1500. The problem is that I feel like I'm not as enthused or excited as I should be. I used to count down hours to my next live session, now it's OK, but not the same.

Online has been much more of a grind. I'm on a little downswing of late and wondering if I might have some leaks I'm not picking up on. I'm getting deep regularly, but seem to have this wonderful gift of pushing into monsters or dominated situations. Variance probably, but still wears on you. I made a FT a week or so ago, which was nice and I've had some deepish cashers in some other MTT's, but....I don't know....I'm rambling. I knew when I decided to quit online cash, it would be much more subject to variance, but you know how I am. Sometimes, I think I'm borderline bipolar, but that's another post for another time.

I have a hand which kind of illustrates what I'm agonizing over. Sometimes, I feel like I'm too loose, but then a hand like this comes up and I feel like a total nit.

80/1000 left and I'm just below average (T10000) with AQ off on the button, blinds are 300/600/75. Chip leader (T45000) leads for 1800, MP (T35000) reraises to 6000. I tank and fold. My reasoning is that while the chip leader may be flexing his stack, MP most likely has a hand, and with the size of his raise, I have no FE. In essence, in a situation where there's better than a 50% I'm at least in a race, I muck.

Which goes deeper into a problem I may, or may not, have. I have no problem with initial aggression. Hell, I'll bet/lead with anything, given the situation. My concern is deeper aggression, 3rd and 4th bets. I'd like to really look into this more, but I'm not sure how to address it. It's hard to describe, but if I have a hand when it happens, it's easy to see.

I don't know. At least I'm not busto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home