Saturday, July 14, 2007

Good times

I'm on a nice little run over the last couple of days.

As you know, I've been lamenting about how bad I've run over at Full Tilt. On Thursday night, I FT'ed the 7PM on my last $10 for some life. I'll be honest, the 7PM $10 at FT could be one of the softer, cheap MTT's out there. At the same time, I went pretty deep in the $5 rebuy at Stars. I got coolered a couple of times, sucked out once, and busted when I ran JJ into KK. Still, it's pretty exciting to go deep in two tourneys at the same time. The result is my online roll is right back where it was about 2 months ago before I went on this nasty run....which isn't much, but enough to keep me occupied.

Went to Caesar's last night to play some $1/2 and did OK. Won about $150, but real frustrated because I felt like I was sitting at an ATM that didn't work quite right. 3-4 lagtards and a couple of calling stations and I couldn't make a hand. Best hand I had all night was a 10 high flush and I couldn't bet it. I have no idea how much I could have made at that table if I make any sort of hand. Instead, I walk away a small winner....which is good, but oh, the possibilities.

I think I've finally decided that I'm keeping my ring action live and using online stuff for tourneys and SnG's. Live is just too soft compared to online and there are no good live tourney structures. Also, I like playing tourneys. For all of the sick beats and roller coaster type situations, it kind fills that competitive side for me. There's a different skill set to MTT's and I've got a little better grasp on that than I do cash. LIve, I don't have to be great, just smart.

I would also like to officially declare that I have separated my poker money from my "regular" money. I hope to keep it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home